Monday 6 May 2013

Book Haul #1


Happy Bank Holiday Monday Everyone,

Hopefully yours has been as eventful as mine!

Today I ventured to one of the nearby towns for a charity shop expedition and purchased this terrific trio.

The weather was my favourite style today- heatwave hot and sunny- therefore I decided to shoot the photos outside to take advantage of this glorious climate.

These books are slightly pricier than I would've preferred to pay (I normally buy books from 10p!!! - £1) but I simply couldn't pass these up! In addition I usually get considerably more (at least 7) books on these trips however I'd only gone to this town last month so the stock was pretty familiar.



Just Listen by Sarah Dessen £1.50 in British Heart Foundation

I've heard a copious amount of amazing reviews on the authors supposedly splendid works so hopefully she'll live up to the hype.I plan on reading all of her works during the Summer time so this will grant me easier access to one of those books.
 
Also I love these covers a lot more than the American versions because I feel the illustrations are expressing without words what the plot revolves around.
 
If you want to know more about this novel read this : http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1046475.Just_Listen
 
 

Pretty Little Liars 3 - Perfect by Sara Shepard £2.49 in Oxfam

I'd actually seen this the last time I visited this shop but back then according to one of my library service's website it was 'Avaidible' unfortunately , when I actually needed to read it, their suddenly was 'No availability records for this item'. I almost had a Breakdown and had no choice but to skip it.
 
I'm now on book 6 in the series Killer (review will most likely appear tomorrow) and I still regret never being able to read it in order to the fact PLL has become one of my superlative series's.
 
Therefore when I read up to number 8 Wanted (the last book my library service has) I'll read this. I prefer the American cover (I'm obsessed with doll covers) but unfortunately they're not available here in the UK.
 
If you want to know more about this novel read this :
 

North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley £2.49 in Oxfam

I wasn't to sure about buying this book upon first glance - the covers pretty much the usual YA format (minus the compass) and the plot line is that of a typical contemporary - but there's just something promising about it.
The romance idea sounds pretty awesome too - Smart girl and Goth boy - but I'm still quite uncertain about this.
If you want to know more about this novel read this :
 
 
Thank you for reading this post !
If you enjoyed please Follow me and Comment.
Have you read or do you know more about these books ? Please leave a Comment below because I'd appreciate hearing your opinions ( good or bad) on these books (especially N.O.B).
Did you go Book shopping Today? Please Comment what you bought below and I'll certainly check them out.
Until next time,
Mimi
xheartx


 

No comments:

Post a Comment