Tuesday 21 May 2013

A-Z Book Tag - Converted from Youtube

As Easy as ABC,

Today I thought I'd do this entertaining tag that I've seen trending on Youtube (although it originally began 2 years ago).

My answers will be listed below with a picture of the book for proof of ownership as well as a small explanation as to why I picked the novel to correspond to a certain letter.

I've been drafting this post since Book Haul #2 so I finally thought I'd publish this today because you're probably sick of just reviews.

The concept and rules are simple :

Basically you have to search through your bookshelves and find a title that corresponds with each letter of the alphabet e.g Dracula for D.

 There's only two rules and it's that you can't use a book that starts with The for a letter other than T e.g you wouldn't be able to use The Hunger Games for H.

Also you have to own the books in physical format therefore Kindle books are not allowed.

Let the tag commence!!!

A is for Across the Universe by Beth Revis

 

I had copious different options for this letter (unlike the other vowels with the exception of 'O') but I picked this paperback due to it's gorgeous cosmic cover and concept that I'm yet to read.

If you want to know more about this novel read this : http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9533922-across-the-universe

B is for Bright Lights by Linda Chapman

 

I actually received this book in Primary school whilst working as a librarian for free. The love affair has been endured 5 times (haven't read the sequel,Centre Stage, yet though) and I'd highly recommend it to readers interested in the fame or acting industry because it's in my top 20 all time favourites.

If you want to know more about this novel read this : http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/946441.Bright_Lights

C is for Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen by Dyan Sheldon


Another freebie!!! Although I  prefer her stand alones (The crazy things girls do for love and Tall,thin and blonde) this series is perfect for someone seeking humour and a theatrical protagonist. Unfortunately I personally believe the series worsens after this book but I'd say this is a definite read for any high school girl.

If you want to know more about this novel read this :
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12372808-confessions-of-a-teenage-drama-queen

D is for Dear Sister (#7 in Sweet Valley High) by Francine Pascal
 
 
My favourite Sweet Valley novel and a favourite of all time. I devoured these within an hour because it's interesting to read about the twins almost becoming opposites of each other due to major event in the story. Who wouldn't love the cheesy 80's cover anyway?
 
If you want to know more about this novel read this :
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/38601.Dear_Sister?ac=1


E is for Echoes of Love by Rosie Rushton
 


One of the hardest letters to find this book is part of Rosie's magnificent Jane Austen re-tellings series this modern day version of Persuasion. It will truly tug at the heart-strings with countless flashbacks it's the definition of perfection - especially suited for this time of year. Love, lies and Lizzie by Rosie Rushton (a re-telling of Pride and Prejudice) is as amazing and I'm excited to read more by the author.

If you want to know more about this novel read this :
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7543798-echoes-of-love

F is for Funhouse (Point Horror) by Dianne Hoh

 
I love things that are set at theme parks so the cover was an instant attraction (and of course it's Point Horror- a series I own 75 books from). Not the best book by this author (The invitation is better) and not the best from the series either as I found it pretty predictable.
 
I choose it for this letter based on the points covered in my first sentence though.If you like Final Destination 3 then you'll also enjoy this because the plots are pretty similar.
 
If you want to know more about this novel read this :
 
G is for Generation Dead by Daniel Waters




 
My edition is appalling cover wise compared to the US however the story inside with the undoubtedly amazing plot concept remains.
 
Haven't read this yet but when Halloween is approaching this will definitely be suitable for the TBR.
 
If you want to know more about this novel read this :
 
H is for Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
 
 
Chose this for H because I'm extremely excited to begin this series (I own the sequel too) but another complaint to be made about the comparison of US and UK covers.
 
If you want to know more about the book read this :

 
I is for It can't happen here! (#86 Sweet Valley Twins) by Francine Pascal
 
 
 
I picked this so as to the fact it's my first and only SVT book but it hold a deeper meaning than the SVH books because it contains historical context (plus it's got 12 year old versions of Jessica and Elizabeth. Enough said.)
 
In addition it's my only book beginning with this letter.
 
If you want to know more about the book read this :
 
 
J is for Jaws by Peter Benchely


 
I picked this because it was one of two books I own that begin with J and I quite enjoyed the film so the book it's been adapted from will statistically be better.
 
If you want to know more about the book then read this :

K is for KimiKiss volume 5 by Taro Shimone


I almost believed I didn't have a book for this letter (I'd actually moved onto searching for a book that started with a letter 'N' when I noticed this on the shelf and couldn't believe I'd forgotten about it.


I got this free from a library book promotion thing in November 2012 and devoured it on the same afternoon.

The reason I picked it is that it's the only book I have for this letter and it's my favourite manga novel.

If you want to know more about the book then read this : http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7211207-kimikiss-various-heroines-vol-5?ac=1

L is for Last Christmas (Private series) by Kate Brian
 
One of my most anticipated reads so I picked it for this list. This is the prequel to one of my favourite series's Private, surrounding how one of the main characters ended up in a mental asylum. It'll be weird to read about the different characters from a different perspective to Reed Brennan's (the usual narrator of the story who didn't exist on campus when this book is set). I can't wait to read it during the Christmas season.
 
If you want to know more about the book then read this : http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7236405-last-christmas-private-prequel


M is for Magenta Orange (Magenta series #1) by Echo Freer



Magenta orange is the first book in yet another of my favourite series's but Shades of Magenta book 3 is my actual favourite from it.

This book is hilarious,poignant and adorable with the added bonus feature of multiple narrative of Magenta, Her neighbour and her best friend. I highly recommend this!

 
If you want to know more about the book then read this : http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1483432.Magenta_Orange?ac=1
 
N is for New Years Eve (#3 in Saturday Night series)
 
 
This book is part of Caroline B. Cooney's (one of my favourite authors) Saturday Night series that I'm yet to read but extremely excited for.

I've only read horror themed books by her before so it'll be interesting to see how she handles a different genre. Will most likely be read at the same time as Last Christmas.


If you want to know more about the book then read this :  http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2956581-new-year-s-eve
 
 
O is for Overkilll (Point Crime) by Alane Ferguson
 

I usually enjoy the books from the Point Crime series and if it's revolving around dreams (a feature I especially enjoy) then I'm bound to adore it. Plus I can't really complain if it's not as good as my expectations are hyping it to be then it's not much of a loss as it was only 10p.


If you want to know more about the book then read this : 
 
 
P is for P.S Longer Letter Later (Elizabeth and Tara*Starr #1) by Paula Danziger and Ann M. Martin
 
 
Entirely written in letter format (one of my favourite types) between two best friend this novel was brilliant therefore I'm astounded that I haven't yet purchased the sequel , Snail mail no more.

Although I've never read anything else by the authors (by the time I discovered that the baby-sitter's club books are like miniature SVH I considered them to be too young for my audience) this book has made me eager to.
 

If you want to know more about the book then read this :  http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/42157.P_S_Longer_Letter_Later?ac=1
 
Q is for nothing unfortunately.
 


R is for Ruby Red by Linzi Glass
 

 
Not from a genre I usually read (historical gypsy romance), I picked up Ruby Red solely to complete the same 4 for 99p deal as Generation Dead. At the minute though I'm beginning to think I might actually enjoy this because the cover has the simple but beautiful effect.


If you want to know more about the book then read this : http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2265776.Ruby_Red?ac=1

S is for Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce

 
Another novel with Red in the title coincidentally, Sisters Red is my favourite book of 2013 so far. It's a re-telling of my favourite fairy-tale Little Red Riding Hood. The cover art is undeniably remarkable, the use of dual narrative between the two sisters is perfection and the writing style is enchanting. If you haven't read this you're missing out!
 
If you want to know more about the book then read this :



 T is for The Luxe by Anna Godbertson


 
The most common letter of book titles according to the amount of different choices I had but only one book came to mind - The Luxe. Although it's waiting to be read the fact that it's been described as an 19th-20th century Gossip Girl and a cover that's as precious and as beautiful as a diamond ball gown themed cover there's already enough assurance that I'll enjoy it without turning a page.

If you want to know more about the book then read this : http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1254951.The_Luxe?ac=1
 
U is for nothing.
 
V is for Vampires Love by Janice Harrell
 

 
When I thought of the letter V the first word that came to mind was Vampire and this book actually has that word at the start of the title. I read the sequel in Primary school ,at least two years before buying this, but have nearly forgot the entire plot but I do remember enjoying it.

If you want to know more about the book then read this : http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1288203.Blood_Curse
 
W is for World enough and time by Emma C. Williams
 


My first Giveaway win so this holds a special place in my heart and the book representative of the letter 'W'.

I haven't heard anything about this novel but I personally expect great things as the author herself was extremely pleasant during the brief contact I had with her.

If you want to know more about the book then read this : http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15699974-world-enough-and-time?ac=1
 
 
Then Shamefully nothing for X,Y or Z.
 
 

Thank you for reading this post !

If you enjoyed please Follow me and Comment.
 
 
Do you have any other Youtube tags you want me to do ?
Please leave your requests in the Comments.
 
Have you read or do you know more about these books? 
Please leave a Comment below because I'd appreciate hearing your opinions ( good or bad) on these books.
 
I'd loved to see you respond to this post on your Blog and please link it if you do!

 
Until tomorrow,
Mimi
xheartx
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment