Sunday 12 May 2013

Read-a-thon Announcement and TBR pile

 
 
 
Exciting news to share with you,

I'll be participating along with over 300 other people in my first ever online read-a-thon (of many I hope) created by Bout of Books.With this post I wish to recruit some more readers to display the read-a-thon button in the sidebar with pride - like me.

More information on the read-a-thon from the website :


The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organised by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 13th and runs through Sunday, May 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 7.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

I'm challenging myself to read 7 books during the entirety of the read-a-thon as I usually spend 2 days reading a book so it'll be over double my prevail book count.

This week I've been in a reading slump therefore I hope this will promote me to escape it.

Everyday there will be a review of my latest triumph so I've allocated schedule for each day per book and the book I'll be focusing on that day.

The books I'll be reading are:
 
 

Monday- Boys for Beginners by Lil Chase

Got to page 10 at the start of the month but PLL happened...You know what the phrase says though - Two times the charm.I


've already begun reading this Today and I'm loving the humour.

Does this sound/look like something you would enjoy reading as well? Click here for more information :
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11866755-boys-for-beginners-by-lil-chase?ac=1



Tuesday- Fear street - Prom Queen by R.L Stine

I was supposed to be having a prom-themed week at the start of the month but the idea was ruined when I borrowed Pretty Little Liars.

I've loved every Fear Street book I've read so far and R.L Stine is one of my favourite authors.

I own two editions of this because one is for reading (skull) and the other for preserving (girl in dress).

Does this sound/look like something you would enjoy reading as well? Click here for more information :
 http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/656717.The_Prom_Queen?ac=1

 
Wednesday - Sweet Valley High 88- Love Letters for sale by Francine Pascal
 
To reward myself for getting halfway through the challenge I'm reading something easy to conquer.
 
I've been wanting to read this book for ages so I figure there's no time like the present (or a read-a-thon).
 
Does this sound/look like something you would enjoy reading as well? Click here for more information :

 
 
Thursday - Chasing Redbird by Sharon Creech
 
I read Absolutely Normal Chaos by her last summer and enjoyed it so I thought I'd try more of her writing.
 
The plot of this one actually sounds better than that of my previous read by the author but does that mean the book will be better? Only time (and a review) will tell...
 
Does this sound/look like something you would enjoy reading as well? Click here for more information :
 
 
 
Friday - The Crush by Alex Shearer
 
Another book from my Saturday Showcase of purchases , this book just sounds like the definition of Fun and My taste so I hope it achieves my expectations.
 
Does this sound/look like something you would enjoy reading as well? Click here for more information :

 

 
Saturday- Point Horror- Prom Date by Diane Hoh

I'm intrigued by the length of this novel considering that it's longer than the usual Point horrors.

So far my favourite book by Diane is The Invitation but this is a strong contender for replacing it.

Does this sound/look like something you would enjoy reading as well? Click here for more information :
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/601575.Prom_Date?ac=1


 
Sunday - Sweet Valley High #23 - Say Goodbye by Francine Pascal

This will be my reward at the end of the read-a-thon.

Does this sound/look like something you would enjoy reading as well? Click here for more information :
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/412222.Say_Goodbye?ac=1


Thank you for reading this post !
If you enjoyed please Follow me and Comment.
Have you read or do you know more about these books ? Please leave a Comment below because I'd appreciate hearing your opinions ( good or bad) on these books.
Are you participating in the read-a-thon as well? Please leave a Comment below telling me what your challenges are.
 
Until you read again,
Mimi
xheartx

No comments:

Post a Comment