Tuesday 7 May 2013

Top 9 series I want to start but haven't yet ! - Converted from Youtube

Hello my fellow readers,

The previous evening I saw one of my favourite Booktubers doing this so I decided I'd do it quickly whilst I'm in the middle of drafting a really long post and finishing books so I can post reviews.You can either pick five or ten series for this but I picked 9 because I just have too many (it could have been more than 9 admittedly).To challenge myself I only picked books I own.

I'm starting with Series's that I own more than one book from because they make me feel extra guilty :( .

1. Matched trilogy (Matched, Crossed and Reached) by Ally Condie

 
I bought Crossed for 10p on my Library book sale in December and then bought Matched for the full price in Waterstones in February so they haven't been gathering dust yet. I'm not usually a fan of dystopian but the concept sounded incredibly unique so I couldn't resist for such a cheap price when I'd been contemplating the decision for a while.
 
If you wish to learn extra information on the series the link below shall guide you:
 
 
2. Hex Hall trilogy (Hex Hall, Raising Demons and Spell Bound) by Rachel Hawkins
 
 
I first heard of this series when I spotted it in the New book section of my school library last September. In December 2012 I purchased Simon & Schuster's Dark Romance book set containing four books including Raising Demons.Then in April I saw Hex Hall on a four for 99p deal in a nearby towns charity shop and couldn't resist. I really want to start this series soon as it's known for excellence.
 
If you wish to learn extra information on the series the link below shall guide you:


3.Splintered series (Splintered, Unhinged and ?) by A.G Howard

 
As this is rather recent series I haven't really heard it receive much attention.If the cover and the fact that it's a re-telling of Alice in Wonderland are anything to go by then I predict wondrous delusional things.I borrowed this from the library last weekend (along with 3 other 2013 releases) so at least it hasn't been sobbing due to neglect on my shelf.


If you wish to learn extra information on the series the link below shall guide you:
 
4. The Hollow trilogy (The Hollow, The Haunted and The Hidden) by Jessica Verday


Because it's based on Sleepy Hollow I have high expectations for this despite it's lack of a reputation. Bought for £2.50 in a Charity shop in October.

If you wish to learn extra information on the series the link below shall guide you:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2998814-the-hollow?ac=1


5.The Luxe series (The Luxe, Rumours,Envy and Splendour) by Anna Godbertson


From the same charity shop but different 4 for 99p deal as Hex Hall this series have some of the prettiest covers ever and the blurb describes it to be a historical Gossip Girl. Surely it's got to be good?The rest are all avaidible at my school library so I have easy access to them.

If you wish to learn extra information on the series the link below shall guide you:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1254951.The_Luxe?ac=1


6. Generation Dead trilogy (Generation dead, Kiss of Life and Passing Strange) by Daniel Waters
 
 
Same 4 for 99p deal as Hex Hall with a Plot line that sounds amazing therefore I'm surprised I haven't heard anything.

If you wish to learn extra information on the series the link below shall guide you:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3157877-generation-dead?ac=1


7. Across the Universe trilogy (Across the Universe, A Million Suns and Shades of earth) by Beth Revis

 
A cosmic cover that instantly enchanted me for the microscopic price of £2.25 in April.This beauty has been read and loved by practically everyone except me.
 

If you wish to learn extra information on the series the link below shall guide you:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8235178-across-the-universe?ac=1

8. The Summer I Turned Pretty trilogy (The Summer I Turned Pretty,It's Not Summer Without You and We'll Always Have Summer) by Jenny Han

 
Bought for 90p in February my Sister borrowed this from me and loved it so I hope I share the same opinion.On  my current Summer TBR pile far up so will probably be read and reviewed in July or August.
 

If you wish to learn extra information on the series the link below shall guide you:
 
 
 
9. Hush, Hush series (Hush,Hush , Crescendo , Silence and Finale) by Becca Fitzpatrick
 
 
A series that has received mixed reviews from the same Dark Romance Box set as Raising Demons.Never read anything revolving around Angels before so it should be an interesting experience.
 
If you wish to learn extra information on the series the link below shall guide you:


http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6339664-hush-hush?ac=1



Thank you for reading this post !
If you enjoyed please Follow me and Comment.
Have you read or do you know more about these series's?
Please leave a Comment below because I'd appreciate hearing your opinions ( good or bad) on these books (especially concerning Generation Dead and The Hollow).
 
I'd loved to see you respond to this post on your Blog and please link it if you do!
 
I'll post again soon,
Mimi
xheartx

2 comments:

  1. I want to Start Hex Hall and Splintered and Across the Universe also! Great Post! :)

    ReplyDelete