Wednesday 15 May 2013

Review - Fear Street - The Prom Queen by R.L Stine and Read-a-thon Update #3

I'm Halfway there,Living on a Prayer,

Hello readers !Today I give you another review and Update post (this one is extremely crucial).

I apologise if you don't like review posts but I made a promise to review every book I read and I intend to keep the promise.

Read-a-thon Update #3 :

Today signifies the middle of the read-a-thon (hence the Jon Bon Jovi song quote) and I'm pleased to clarify I'm on track with my TBR.
I finished Sweet Valley #88 - Love Letters for sale by Francine Pascal so a review will be posted tomorrow.

Today I also want to inform you that there's been a slight adjustment to the TBR. I will not be reading Chasing Redbird by Sharon Creech tomorrow or during the read-a-thon and will instead be switching Point Horror - The Prom Date by Diane Hoh to my Thursday focus. This is because I want to read The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald because I'm going to see the film on Sunday. Therefore you should expect a joint film and book comparison review on Sunday.

Now here's the review :


Book name - The Prom Queen

Series - Fear Street

Author - R.L Stine

Page count - 168 pages

Time spent reading - 13th - 14th

Review :

The prettier pristine edition (with the girl wearing a dress) was bought in August for 10p in my favourite charity shop in the world (is this a re-occurring theme for the read-a-thon books?) and the ugly battered edition I bought -so I could keep the alternative edition in flawless condition- for 10p in October.

I should not have wasted money on two editions of this novel. In fact if my original edition wasn't one of my favourite horror covers ever two prom queen books instead of one would be donated.

R.L Stine is one of my all time favourite writers yet I'm beginning to loose faith in his stories after what I've recently read by him.

The title of the novel deceives as it's not even prom-orientated except for a maximum of 8 pages worth of writing.

I would have preferred it if the whole plot line took place on Prom night -instead of just the last unnecessary chapter - and the Prom Queen candidates were being killed during the dance.

What actually happened was the plot was a replica to another Fear Street and R.L Stine novel named My Secret Admirer. In both books the murders,accidents,dramatic ending sequence and in general basis of plot has the setting of the auditorium in which the main character attends rehearsals for a play in. Coincidence or Marketing scam ?

Due to my general disappointment, I'm rating this novel :

3 out of 5 stars


Thank you for reading this post ! ,

If you enjoyed please Follow me,Comment, Friend me on Goodreads (the link is in the sidebar to my account) and Read my other posts (if you haven't already).

Have you read this book too (twinsies!) ?
Please leave a Comment below because I'd appreciate hearing your opinions ( good or bad) on it.
 
 
What was the last book you read? Did you post a review too?
I'd love to hear about it so leave a Comment so I can find the review.
 

How's your read-a-thon challenge going?
Please leave a Comment below or do an update yourself and link it as a response
 
Stay tuned for my next review,
Mimi
xheartx


No comments:

Post a Comment