Tuesday 14 May 2013

Review - Boys for Beginners by Lil Chase and Read-a-thon Update #2

Review-a-thon and Read-a-thon it seems,

I'm back Today with another review (basically the only feature that will appear on the Blog this week).

This book was part of my Read-a-thon TBR pile - I did a whole post on that pile so be sure to read it if you haven't already - and I finished it yesterday evening during a long reading session.

Read-a-thon Update #2 :
Triumphed my second novel today - Fear Street - The Prom Queen ! Review ,as you've probably already guessed, will be posted tomorrow. Starting Sweet Valley High #88 - Love Letters for Sale tonight and is the book I'm most excited for from my TBR for the read-a-thon. Hope I love it as much as or better than Dear Sister (#7 in SVH) my favourite so far from the series.

Anyway let's begin the review :



Book name - Boys for Beginners

Author - Lil Chase

Page count - 278 pages

Time spent reading - 12th - 13th

Review :

This book has been sitting on my shelves since November when I purchased it for 10p in my favourite charity shop.

I'm so glad I picked to read it this week because it has made for a smashing start to the Read-a-thon experience!

It's a humorous contemporary that's a necessity for any fun-loving girl.

This novel details the transformation from female football fanatic to belly-ring make-up obsessed girly-girl of a Tom-boy with a crush.

She is galvanised to enlist the help of others who are superior in the things required for the make-over to be successful - which happens to be a clique of the meanest most popular girls in the school.

But does she need to learn life lessons more than make-up and dress sense lessons ?

The only problem I suffered was that the protagonist ,Gwynnie, seemed to be portrayed as too unbelievably ditsy and naive to girl world. I mean how could she not know what mascara is and also not know how to pronounce it ?

My favourite parts of the book where the transformation scenes and the end where everybody got their comeuppance.

The plot was a mixture between Bend it Like Beckham and Mean Girls therefore if you enjoy either or both of these films (like I do) I think this could be the novel for you.

Due to the fact I definitely will be reading more from this author, I'm rating this :

 4 out of 5 stars


Thank you for reading this post ! ,

If you enjoyed please Follow me,Comment and read my other posts (if you haven't already).

Have you read this book too (twinsies!) ?
Please leave a Comment below because I'd appreciate hearing your opinions ( good or bad) on it.
 
What was the last book you read? Did you post a review too?
I'd love to hear about it so leave a Comment so I can find the review.

How's your read-a-thon challenge going?
Please leave a  Comment below or do an update yourself and link it as a response
 
Hope you too are on track for your read-a-thon,
Mimi
xheartx


No comments:

Post a Comment