Monday 17 June 2013

Review - Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

I believe in thunderbolts and butterflies,

Hey Bookworms,

Today I finally bring you a review and a very positive plus lengthy one at that.

The quote is from the song Cinderella by Diana Vickers. I picked the quote because I've missed her music and am really loving that song at the moment. Anticipating another spectacular album soon from her.

Back to the actual review :

 
 
Book name - Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
 
Author - Ransom Riggs
 
Page count - 352 pages
 
Time spent reading - 12th June - 15th June
 
Review :
 
After waiting almost five months to read this due to a long reservation list at the library it was finally mine and I had extremely high hopes for it.
 
This is because I saw the splendid book trailer, was aware that my favourite director was planning to film an adaptation of it and my favourite booktuber loves it.
 
It certainly didn't disappoint as it's now in my top favourite books of all time and of this year.
 
If I was to describe the plot I'd use these words/phrases : time travel, self-discovery , family history, phenomenal photographs , heart-warming romance, war, peace, monsters and some very peculiar children.
 
During this reading experience I :
 
Was taken on an emotional roller-coaster ride
 
Became  overly-attached to all the wonderful characters
 
Was chilled to the bone by the despicable hollowgasts and wights
 
Pined over the photos endlessly
 
In addition to being able to visualise it as a movie .
 
 
My local Waterstones branch better watch out as I'll be dashing in there like a madwoman to purchase my own hardcover copy as soon as possible. Obviously I'll be first in line to buy the graphic novel,sequel and film ticket as well when they're released.
 
You can probably already guess the rating , but it is here anyway :
5 out of 5 stars
 
Thanks for reading this post !

If you enjoyed please Follow me,Comment, Friend me on Goodreads (the link is in the sidebar to my account) and Read my other posts (if you haven't already).
 
Have you read this book too (twinsies!) ?
Please leave a Comment below because I'd appreciate hearing your opinions ( good or bad) on it.
 
What was the last book you read? Did you post a review too?
I'd love to hear about it so leave a Comment so I can find the review.
 
Tag on Wednesday,
Mimi
xheartx
 


No comments:

Post a Comment