Wednesday 12 June 2013

Top 5 Books to Movies/TV Tag - Converted from Youtube

If It's Not Like the Movies,

Halfway through the week now Readers,

As you may know if you read my update post (check that out please) Wednesday is the officially appointed Tag day !

Todays tag is currently at the height of Booktube popularity therefore I thought I'd reveal my own personal choices of the adaptations I wish were hitting the screens this Summer blockbuster season. The idea was created by xObssesedReaderx.

I've always been prior to film watching and movie-related song listening according to the introductory post line that's the title of a Katy Perry song. It's one of my favourite songs of all time actually. So it was particularly difficult to select my choices.

Some of the novels I wish could be converted are part of a rather lengthy series therefore they couldn't be summed up in couple of films but would have to be a television series instead - that's why the titles slightly different to that of the original tag.

Here the tag is ! :

 
Sweet Valley High Series by Francine Pascal
 
I don't own book #1 Double Love (I've read it though) therefore I just photographed my favourite from the series #7 Dear Sister.
 

I know there was a TV series in the 90's based on the series but the shows actors/actresses were horrendous and it didn't do the books justice.

I'm also aware that an idea for the movie is in the works - I can't understand how they're going to sum up the series in one movie and as a MUSICAL! Please don't let me down and turn this into the atrocious High School Musical.

But I still added this to the list as I want this to be either re-made as a television series or never-ending series of movies more than I want to breathe.

I'd camp outside the cinema for weeks before the release date so somebody please just make this (to an amazing standard) NOW!!!!!



Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce
 
My favourite book of the year so far.
 
I don't know how they'd do the dual narrative of Scarlett and Rosie in a movie adaptation though.
 
I think this would attract a massive fan base if brought to screen as it combines many different genres : fairy-tales, re-telling's, werewolves, romance, paranormal, feisty female lead, special effect opportunities , horror and action.
 
How could someone not like it?

 
Romeo & Juliet & Vampires
 
(Image via Goodreads)
 
Romeo & Juliet & Vampires By Claudia Gabel
 
It's so strange that half of the books from this tag I read in 2013.
 
I think fans of the original tale would really enjoy this re-telling and it would encourage reluctant readers to read the original tale it's based off.
 
It could be the perfect paranormal romance and vampires are often popular amongst cinema audiences.
 
Personally I'd go see it because the book was perfection and there hasn't been a Romeo & Juliet film for a while.
 
 
 
Private Series by Kate Brian
 
Yet again I don't own the first book in the series but this time because I don't have many of the books from the series (4/14-16 if prequels are counted) I thought I'd photograph al the ones I own.
 
When I first began reading the series I didn't actually realise it was a series (I read Vanished which is book 8).Then I read random ones that My District library and I (at the time) had which where (in the order I read them) : #4 Confessions,#14 Vengeance  and #1 Private.
 
The Nearby District library that I joined recently has all the others so I'm going to read the entire series in November (when I've got the first book for my Birthday).
 
They did make a pilot episode for a web series of this but due to poor funding it was cancelled.
 
Potentially the series could become a television series as shows like Pretty Little Liars that involve murder and mystery (like Private does) receive a major fan base.
 
Please make a show.
 
 
The Ashleys series by Melissa De La Cruz
 
This is basically what could be the new Mean Girls if the series was made into films.
 
They are often compared to The Clique series (which I haven't read but want to and have seen the amazing movie) but I don't care I just love them and think the bitchy antics would make for an amazing movie.
 
Thanks for reading this post !,
 
If you enjoyed please Follow me,Comment, Friend me on Goodreads (the link is in the sidebar to my account) and Read my other posts (if you haven't already).
 
Have you done your own version of the tag?
Please Comment below a link to it or just type your own choices
 
Have you read any of these books too (twinsies!) ?
Please leave a Comment below because I'd appreciate hearing your opinions ( good or bad) about the book/s.
 
Book Haul next :D,
Mimi
xheartx

No comments:

Post a Comment