Sunday 16 June 2013

Book Haul #4


"Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them.”
 
 
Hello my fellow readers,
 
Today I bring you my second book haul of the week - an explanation as to the quote from  Arnold Lobel.

This trio of books were purchased during this weekend and they're all girly summer reads therefore they're perfect for this season.

Anyway let's begin :
 
 
My Sisters a Pop Star by Kimberly Greene 99p in Sue Ryder Care
 
Although it has a battered exterior the plot sounded adorable so it was purchased.
 
I got it when I visited My Nearby District library on Friday (I didn't borrow anything out) in one of the four charity shops that surrounds the library.

Speaking of which I saw 3 Sarah Dessen books however they where over £2.50 with creased spines so hopefully they'll go onto the 50p area soon.That's when I'll buy them.
 
I tend to really enjoy books about the fame industry and that was my main reason for buying this.

The  earth,my butt & other BIG round things by Carolyn Mackler 99p in Sue Ryder Care
 
Previously when I attempted to read a book by this author I ended up being unsatisfied but I believe that the reason for that may have been that it was a collaborative book with a writer I didn't like.
 
This is meant to be a must-read teenage book and Judy Blume (who I've read from before and liked) gave it a positive review.
 
Never read a book with an over-weight protagonist before so it would be an interesting experience.
 
I own another book by her as well (Love and other four letter words) therefore I hope she's good.

 
The chocolate box girls #4 - Coco Caramel by Cathy Cassidy £5 in ASDA
 
One of my friends and I have been fan girling in anticipation of this release.

Getting this so cheap (and in hardcover) as a collector of the series was a dream come true. Until I got hope and realized they'd resized the series so this one is now wider and taller than the others. ARGH!

Coco is actually my least favourite sister (me and Skye are twins) and I'm not really finding this plot appealing.

My friend wishes to know my thoughts before she buys and reads though so I'll be reading it this week.

Thank you for reading this post !

If you enjoyed please Follow me, Comment, Friend me on Goodreads (the link is in the sidebar to my account) and Read my other posts (if you haven't already).
 
Have you read or do you know more about these books ?
Please leave a Comment below because I'd appreciate hearing your opinions ( good or bad) on these books.
  
Did you go Book shopping recently?
Please Comment what you bought below and I'll certainly check them out.
 
Off  to watch Pretty Little Liars,
Mimi
xheartx



No comments:

Post a Comment