Monday 8 July 2013

Book Haul #7

Summer Lovin' Read-a-thon happened so fast, Summer Lovin' Read-a-thon oh what a blast !

Welcome to catch-up time web-users,

Today I show you all the books I've - guilty - accumulated thus far in July. This post does not include the e-books as I plan to showcase them in a separate post.

This is actually a trial new format of my book haul posts as it's quicker and easier just to take one picture. sorry if you like looking at covers though.

There's nothing more to say so let's begin :


First 6 books I got in my hometown's Age Concern last Wednesday on what was supposed to be a 5 for £1 deal but the lady at the till was super nice and let me have 6th for free instead of having to pay an extra 30p.
 
Sabrina the teenage witch #19 - Shamrock shenanigans - The title and cover of this made me laugh but I've really become a fan of Sabrina recently so didn't hesitate to snap this up.
 
Sabrina the teenage with #28 - Up, up and away - Don't really know much about the 1700's so it will be  interesting and informative to read a book set in that time period.
 
Sabrina the teenage witch #32 - Reality check - The plot of this one was partially covered in one of the graphic novels but this actually sounds like a better version of the story.
 
Sabrina the teenage witch #33 - Knock on wood - Does anyone else think of Easy A ?
 
Sabrina the teenage witch #49 - The truth hurts - Probably the most intriguing.
 
Nancy Drew #38 - The double jinx mystery by Carolyn Keene - Have been and plan on continuing to read Nancy books a lot this summer. Love these (90's) editions of the covers.
 
This next book I won in a Goodreads Giveaway so I couldn't believe it was hardcover when it arrived on Thursday. Thank you Simon and Schuster !
 
Changeling #2 - Stormbringers by Philippa Gregory - I don't read historical fiction despite my love of history and this author's supposed to be the superlative of the genre. Haven't read the first one but will try to get started on the series soon.
 
The final two books are from my Nearby District Library's book sale and they were 40p each.
 
Ouran High School Host Club #5 - Manga for sale at a cheap price is rare so even though I haven't started this series (my friend recommend it once) I bought this.
 
A year without Autumn by Liz Kessler - Interesting synopsis so I purchased it.
 
Thank you for reading this post !
If you enjoyed please Follow me, Comment, Friend me on Goodreads (the link is in the sidebar to my account) and Read my other posts (if you haven't already).
 
Have you read or do you know more about these books ?
Please leave a Comment below because I'd appreciate hearing your opinions ( good or bad) on these books.
  
Did you go Book shopping recently?
Please Comment what you bought below and I'll certainly check them out.
 
Back to the usual schedule,
Mimi
xheartx


No comments:

Post a Comment